It’s tilling day here at the monkey house. This means I borrowed a tiller and spent most of the day (9-4, with a short lunch break), tilling my garden. It’s more than twice the size of last years, and involved breaking up some very well-rooted grass, so this was no small feat. I’m sore, blistered, and sunburnt. And ridiculously happy and satisfied with the work I did. I also planted about a half million morning glory and moonflower seeds, all at rapid speed since I sort of forgot they were soaking. Got ’em in before nightfall, though. Just tucked the monkey in & I’m headed for bed very shortly. Tomorrow is house cleaning, and laundry washing, hopefully more planting, taking Grandma out to run her errands, and hopefully visiting with a new friend…:D Also my last day off before 2 more at work, and our weekends recently have NOT been a fun time to work. Clearly, I intend to squeeze every bit of goodness out of tomorrow.
Second, I was nominated by http://flamidwyfe.wordpress.com/ for a Liebster award. As always, sorry my links are not all fancy-style….someday I’ll figure it out… Anyway, Liebster is to promote blogs with fewer than 200 subscribers, and since I have fewer than 20, I definitely qualify 😉 Sandi is fabulous and inspiring and pretty much right where I’d like to someday be. She’s a hero 😀
1. I got a new tattoo last weekend. It’s a dragonfly, and it’s on my right ankle, the one I broke years ago. Both of my tattoos are over once-broken bones, and both signify a healing of some sort in my life.
2. I cannot stand to have my feet touched. Not in a cute, giggly, “I’m ticklish” kind of way. In an “I will kick you in the face” kind of way.
3. My 2 middle daughters are about to be in their first pageant in a few weeks. They are thrilled. I am happy if it makes them happy, but thinking entirely too much about all the issues this kind of thing can cause. My girls will be fine. They just wanna dress up & be crazy.
4. The same weekend in a few weeks, my oldest daughter will graduate from high school and have her baby shower the next day. That’s good for making me feel old, lol.
5. I have a goal to one day take little monkey to far-off lands where people are not so fortunate as we are living in the US. I’d like to provide medical care where I can, and learn and teach her the multitude of things we could never learn here. I think my path is leading that way…then again, God could just be training me to survive when the zombie apocalypse hits in December. Who knows? It’s his path, I’m just following 😉
5 blogs I nominate:
- http://buckeyemike3373.blogspot.com/ He’s a littttle crazy and sentimental, but he’s got a fabulous heart.
- http://afatmansjournal.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/stress-test-in-the-real-world/ Reminds me every day of the importance of maintaining the focus
- http://girlworthweightingfor.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/that-moment-when-you-realize-you-forgot-to-cook-the-chickpeas/ That little romance story in the background has me captivated…I’m a die hard romantic living through others since I don’t have time for all that stuff
- http://pomegranteseeds.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/create-in-me/ She makes me think, lots. 🙂 That’s a good thing
- http://atypicalmiracle.com/2012/05/02/frayed/ I’m actually not going to comment this award to Amey right now, she’s got enough on her plate. But please, stop on by, read their story, and KEEP THIS FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS. Thanks.
If you have been nominated, here is what you do to keep it rolling:
Each Nominee Should:
- Choose five, up and coming blogs to give the Liebster award to. Blogs must have less than 200 followers.
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Post the award on your blog.
- List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve received the award.
- Share five random facts about yourself!